Dallas – Millions of people lost their jobs as a result of the economic impact caused by the coronavirus pandemic. To help North Texans who may have lost health coverage due to COVID-19, Medical City Healthcare is now offering a free and confidential insurance hotline to provide helpful guidance.
Expert advisors who can provide options specific to individual situations staff the phone line. The resource is available Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at (833) 867-8771.
Insurance advisors can discuss eligibility and advocacy services, including:
- Continuing an employer's existing plan (COBRA and other options)
- Applying for coverage via a spouse's benefit program
- Resources that may help offset the costs of health insurance
- Medicaid: Government healthcare for those that meet certain criteria
- State and federal health insurance exchanges (such as the Affordable Care Act) and how to enroll due to a changing life event
To learn more about Medical City Healthcare’s consumer resources, including the health insurance hotline, safety measures, and other enhancements to ensure a healthier tomorrow, visit the COVID-19 Resource Hub.