In efforts to help guests prevent illness this cold and flu season, Market Street is launching “The Flu Ends With U” program, where guests are rewarded 500 Smart Rewards bonus points upon purchasing their flu vaccines at any Market Street location in Dallas/Fort Worth. The program will run throughout the month of September.
In addition to a typical flu shot, stores will also carry FluMist®, a nasal vaccine indicated for persons between 2 and 49 years of age. This year, flu shots can be purchased for $25 and FluMist® for $30.
“We know it’s important to stay healthy throughout the cold and flu season so we are offering the convenience of getting flu shots at the same place you already shop,” said Tim Purser, business director of pharmacy for The United Family, parent company of Market Street. “The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends annual influenza vaccinations for everyone age 6 months or older, and especially for people at high risk of influenza complications, including pregnant women, older adults and young children.”
The United Family Pharmacy Clinical Services also offers vaccinations to businesses in the convenience of their own office. This service minimizes employee sick days, inconvenience and time away from the office. Businesses can reserve their time by visiting marketstreetunited.com/flu-shots-for-business.
“Though flu shots are helpful, everyone should take appropriate measures to protect themselves and their families from the virus,” added Purser.
Below are five easy ways to help you stay healthy this flu season.
- Wash your hands often. People often catch colds and the flu by rubbing their nose or their eyes after their hands have been contaminated with a virus.
- Routinely disinfect surfaces with soap and water (including toys). It may also help to wipe surfaces with paper towels that can be thrown away or cloth towels that can be washed.
- Practice "cough etiquette". Turn your head to cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue or the inside of your elbow if you don’t have a tissue. Coughing or sneezing onto your hands will spread germs to everything you touch.
- Use a reusable water bottle. Avoid using public water fountains, which may become contaminated with germs, especially during cold and flu season.
- Avoid close contact with people when you are ill. Don’t go to work, school, daycare, etc., if you are ill with the flu. Stay home and rest.
For more information on available vaccinations, FluMist® or “The Flu Ends With U” program, visit unitedsupermarkets.com/healthwellness/pharmacy/.
About Market Street
Market Street®is a unique and inspiring shopping experience — the place to go for people who care about food, who want a healthier lifestyle, and who are open to fresh new food ideas. It’s the place “where everyday meets gourmet” — where guests can bring many shopping lists to one store. Market Street locations can be found in Allen, Amarillo, Colleyville, Coppell, Frisco, Lubbock (3), McKinney, Plano and Wichita Falls. A 12th Market Street location is scheduled to open in December 2013 in Flower Mound.
About The United Family
Now in its 97th year of operation, United Supermarkets, LLC, d.b.a. The United Family™, is a Texas-based grocery chain with stores in 30 markets across north and west Texas. A self-distributing company with its headquarters in Lubbock and distribution centers in Lubbock and Roanoke, The United Family currently operates 50 traditional, specialty and Hispanic grocery stores under three unique banners, United Supermarkets, Market Street, and Amigos, along with seven convenience stores and 26 fuel centers under its United Express banner. United also operates two divisions, R.C. Taylor Distributing and Praters, and one wholly owned subsidiary, Llano Logistics, which operates the company’s two distribution centers in Lubbock and Roanoke, Texas. For more information, please visit: unitedtexas.com.