Five years ago, on July 6, 2012, Baylor Medical Center at McKinney opened its doors and accepted its very first patient. Since then, our full-service medical campus has continued to grow and expand to better serve the residents of McKinney and surrounding communities.
Today, the hospital—now known as Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – McKinney—has cultivated a team of more than 900 providers on the medical staff and over 700 employees. Since opening, we’ve doubled the size of our ER, built out the fifth floor to include a dedicated orthopedics unit, added a second physician office building, and expanded parking.
The care we provide has earned us numerous awards and accreditations, including:
- Magnet® Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Accreditation by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- Designation as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- Accreditation as a Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Designation as a Baby-Friendly site by Baby-Friendly USA
- Designation as a Texas Ten Step Facility by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Accreditation by the American College of Radiology in Mammography
- Certification for Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design by the US Green Building Council
- Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Experience by Press Ganey
Part of Baylor Scott & White Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White – McKinney is a 143-bed, fully-accredited not-for-profit hospital providing a broad spectrum of health care services to families in McKinney and surrounding communities. The hospital offers personalized care and advanced technology on a beautiful campus with hotel-like amenities and all private rooms. Services include emergency care, heart and vascular services, orthopedics, cancer treatment, primary care, women’s services, and a Level III Neonatal ICU with private suites. For more information or to find a physician, visit BSWHealth.com/McKinney.