McKINNEY (Aug. 19, 2015) — Patients and families have an important role in helping Baylor Medical Center at McKinney improve the health care experience for those we serve. We want the voice of our patients and family members included in decisions and plans that affect them. We are looking for past and present patients and families who are interested in serving on councils, committees and workgroups and providing our health care team with constructive advice and feedback. This Partners in Care will make a positive impact on healthcare in our community.
What do Partners in Care do?
- Identify patient and family needs and concerns
- Provide feedback on current systems and processes in the hospital
- Generate new ideas to improve the standard of care at Baylor Medical Center at McKinney
- Support staff and leadership in their patient- and family-centered activities and initiatives
- Participate in committees and workgroups that enhance the patient experience
- Provide an opportunity for staff to listen to their customers
Partners in Care have the ability to:
- Share insights and information about their experiences in ways that others can learn from you
- See beyond their own personal experiences
- Show concern for more than one issue or agenda
- Listen well
- Respect the perspectives of others
- Speak comfortably in a group with candor
- Interact well with many different kinds of people
- Work in partnership with others
You can make a difference in healthcare in your community. Become a Patient and Family Advisor and do just that! For more information or to apply, go online to BaylorHealth.com/McKinneyVolunteer and fill out the online volunteer application form.
About Baylor Medical Center at McKinney
Baylor McKinney, part of Baylor Scott & White Health, is a 143-bed, fully-accredited not-for-profit hospital located in McKinney, Texas. The hospital opened in July 2012 and provides a broad spectrum of medical and health care services to the residents of McKinney and surrounding communities. Baylor McKinney provides personalized care and advanced technology on a beautiful campus with hotel-like amenities and all private rooms. Led by Hospital President Scott Peek, Baylor McKinney has more than 600 employees and a medical staff comprised of over 800 physicians representing 68 specialties. Services at the facility include orthopedics, cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, surgical services, obstetrics and gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, pulmonary medicine, sleep disorders, pain management, diabetes management and more. The hospital has already completed expansion to double the size of the Emergency Department and add an additional 48 inpatient beds. Construction has begun on a second physician office building. For more information, or a physician referral, call toll free 1-800-4BAYLOR (422-9567) or log onto BaylorHealth.com/McKinney.