Fans across the Metroplex will be able to watch more televised broadcasts of Frisco RoughRiders baseball than ever this season as 20 home games will be aired live on KTXD-TV. Six of Frisco’s seven Texas League opponents will be featured on telecasts, beginning on Saturday, April 13 with the Arkansas Travelers.
Jason Cole of LoneStarDugout.com, the go-to source for Rangers minor league prospect information, will return as the primary analyst for RoughRiders television broadcasts this season. Cole, who also contributes to Baseball Prospectus, will once again be joined by “Voice of the RoughRiders” Alex Vispoli for the play-by-play call of the games.
“We are very excited to begin this partnership with KTXD and allow RoughRiders fans living all across the Metroplex the opportunity to watch so many of our games,” RoughRiders president Scott Sonju said. “This is one of the most comprehensive television packages in all of Minor League Baseball and we look forward to continue showcasing the talent of the Rangers’ farm system on television locally.”
KTXD is available throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area on AT&T (channel 47), Charter (channel 22), Direct TV (channel 47), Dish Network (channel 47), Time Warner Cable (channel 24) and Verizon (channel 18).
RoughRiders’ 2013 Television Schedule:
• Saturday, April 13 (7 p.m.) vs. Arkansas Travelers
• Friday, April 26 (7 p.m.) vs. Corpus Christi Hooks
• Saturday, April 27 (7 p.m.) vs. Corpus Christi Hooks
• Sunday, April 28 (4 p.m.) vs. Corpus Christi Hooks
• Friday, May 3 (7 p.m.) vs. San Antonio Missions
• Saturday, May 18 (7 p.m.) vs. San Antonio Missions
• Sunday, May 19 (4 p.m.) vs. San Antonio Missions
• Saturday, June 1 (7 p.m.) vs. Tulsa Drillers
• Saturday, June 15 (7 p.m.) vs. Corpus Christi Hooks
• Sunday, June 16 (4 p.m.) vs. Midland RockHounds
• Friday, June 21 (7 p.m.) vs. Corpus Christi Hooks
• Saturday, June 22 (7 p.m.) vs. Corpus Christi Hooks
• Friday, July 5 (7 p.m.) vs. Arkansas Travelers
• Saturday July 6 (7 p.m.) vs. Northwest Arkansas Naturals
• Sunday, July 14 (6 p.m.) vs. San Antonio Missions
• Friday, August 2 (7 p.m.) vs. San Antonio Missions
• Saturday, August 3 (7 p.m.) vs. San Antonio Missions
• Saturday, August 17 (7 p.m.) vs. Tulsa Drillers
• Saturday, August 24 (7 p.m.) vs. Midland RockHounds
• Friday, August 30 (7 p.m.) vs. Corpus Christi Hooks
About the Frisco RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A Affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco. The team has finished first in all of Double-A Baseball in attendance in each season from 2005-12. The RoughRiders are also owned by Mandalay Sports Entertainment, winners of the “Baseball Organization of the Year” in 2008 by Ballpark Digest. For more information on Mandalay Baseball Properties, the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, please contact Alex Vispoli at 972-334-1976 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For ticket information, call 972-731-9200 or visit http://www.milb.com/tickets/singlegame.jsp?sid=t540.