FRISCO (April 9, 2015) — Fans attending the Frisco RoughRiders home games at Dr Pepper Ballpark will have the opportunity to enjoy a completely revamped food and beverage experience, including lower beer prices, improved quality of staple ballpark items and the addition of a new State Fair-themed food destination.
The first home game of the season is Thursday, April 9 at 7:05 p.m.
The announcement of significant food and beverage enhancements at Dr Pepper Ballpark was made by RoughRiders CEO & General Partner Chuck Greenberg. Greenberg is well-known in the Metroplex for his fan-friendly approach to the ballpark food experience and food promotions from his tenure as Texas Rangers CEO & Managing Partner.
Among the highlights of the new and improved food and beverage experience at RoughRiders home games for the 2015 season include:
- 16-ounce and 24-ounce domestic drafts, and 16-ounce domestic bottled beer prices have been reduced by 50 cents. This price reduction provides fans with the lowest beer prices in these sizes among all major sports venues in the DFW market.
- No price increase on staple ballpark concession items such as Dr Pepper products, water, hot dogs, pretzels and nachos, while offering a dramatically improved ballpark hot dog (Hebrew National), pretzel and nacho brands.
- The brand-new "State Fairway" area, located on the third base side of the ballpark behind the main building structure, will provide an all new food and beverage experience, with similar options to a visit to the State Fair. Local favorites Fletcher's Corny Dogs, Fletcher's Funnel Cakes and Bavarian Nut Company Roasted Almonds will be joined by tasty options such as Burgertopia (Made-to-Order Burgers), Steakadelphia (Philly-style Cheesesteaks), Snow Cones, Cotton Candy, Lemonade, Dippin Dots and more.
- Also in the State Fairway throughout the season will be a rotating series of locally owned and operated food trucks. Among the concepts already scheduled to appear during RoughRiders home stands are Texas Burrito Company, The Butcher's Son (Gourmet Sausages), Gandolfs (New York-style delicatessen), Ruthie's Rolling Cafe (Grilled Cheese Sandwiches), Cousins Maine Lobster and Cajun Tailgators (Gourmet Cajun Cuisine).
- Located adjacent to the State Fairway and the McAfee and Primrose Playgrounds along the third-base concourse, the brand-new Bull Moose Saloon Sports Bar will feature specialty drafts and bottled beers in a modern rustic bar setting with a great view of the field. Ten HD TVs will keep fans tuned in to the RoughRiders, Rangers and other sports action.
- Founder's and Teddy Season Ticket Holders will enjoy improved food quality, service and amenities in the JC Penney Club, the brand-new InTouch Grille (now located along the main concourse in right field), and the Carnival Getaway Grill.
- A first-ever daily promotional schedule will highlight weekly discounted food and beverage specials. "Thirsty Thursday" will headline the daily schedule and feature $1 12 oz. domestic draft beers and $1 small Dr Pepper products from 6-8 p.m. each Thursday. Other daily food specials will include "Weiner Wednesdays" ($1 hot dogs all game long) and "Taco Tuesdays" ($2 tacos, $3 specialty beers and half-price margaritas). Also, Kids Sunday Funday will offer $1 ice cream sandwiches throughout the game.
- Nightly "Blue Light Specials," announced at mid-game, will offer fans significant on-the-spot savings on food and merchandise items.
- In the event of an unusually-chilly Texas summer evening, Riders fans can warm up with $1 hot chocolates during the season.
“Tastes, smells and a wide array of food and beverage offerings are a memorable part of a night out at the ballpark, and we’ve spent the entire off-season creating dramatic enhancements to our menu, pricing and products to ensure that our fans will have an entirely new experience this season,” said Greenberg. “With the additions to our menu and the multitude of new food trucks, portables and concessions options available, our goal is for a fan that attends an entire home stand to be able to enjoy an entirely different food and beverage experience every night.”
For the Opening Day game, gates at Dr Pepper Ballpark will open at 5 p.m. for Founder’s Club ticketholders and at 5:30 p.m. for the general public. Fans will have extra time to explore many of Dr Pepper Ballpark’s great new features for the 2015 season. Tickets remain for the Opening Day contest and may be purchased at the Dr Pepper Ballpark box office, by calling 972-731-9200 or via RidersBaseball.com.
About the Frisco RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A Affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A minor league teams in attendance each season from 2005 – 2014, drawing more than six million fans in 12 seasons. In August of 2014, the RoughRiders, members of the Texas League, were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg and Scott Sonju. More than 120 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play in Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Elvis Andrus, Adrian Gonzalez and Ian Kinsler. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, visit ridersbaseball.com. For ticket information, call 972-731-9200 or visit milb.com/tickets/singlegame.jsp?sid=t540. Local contact is Alex Vispoli, 972-334-1976 or AVispoli@RidersBaseball.com.