FRISCO (June 9, 2015) — Cut. It. Out. The Frisco RoughRiders are just days away from the biggest promotional event in franchise history. This Friday, June 12, the Double-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers will host Salute to Full House Night, which will pay tribute to the hit late 1980’s/early 90’s ABC sitcom “Full House.” The nationally-acclaimed promotion will provide the backdrop for the 7:05 p.m. game between the RoughRiders and San Antonio Missions (San Diego Padres’ AA affiliate) at Frisco’s Dr Pepper Ballpark.
The RoughRiders will pay tribute to Full House with various promotional activities throughout Friday’s game, highlighted by an appearance from Dave Coulier, who played “Uncle Joey” during the entire run of the series from 1987-1995. Coulier will throw out a ceremonial first pitch prior to the game, co-host a Full House character look-a-like contest between innings, and then take part in a free fan meet and greet and autograph session during the game from approximately 7:45 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Other Salute to Full House activities during Friday’s Frisco RoughRiders home game include:
- RoughRiders players will wear specially-designed jerseys that mimic the open credit scene and logo from Full House, including San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge and row houses.
- Each player’s jersey will be available to fans as part of a silent auction with all proceeds benefiting the RoughRiders Foundation and Dave Coulier’s preferred charity, Pilots N Paws (pilotsnpaws.org)
- One (1) lucky fan in attendance will win a three-day trip for two (2) to San Francisco
- In-Game entertainment will include Full House-theme player headshots on the giant left-field video board, a special Full House-inspired team intro video and music from “Jesse & the Rippers”
- Post-Game Fireworks set to 1990s pop music and the show’s popular theme song.
Limited single seats and outfield berm/general admission tickets remain available for Friday’s Salute to Full House. For ticket information, fans can visit ridersbaseball.com, call 972-334-1993 or visit the Dr Pepper Ballpark Ticket Office.
Friday’s game will conclude a brief four-game RoughRiders’ home stand, which opens Tuesday evening. All games start at 7:05 p.m. with public ballpark gates set to open each night at 6 p.m. Tuesday is another edition of Taco Tuesday, featuring $2 tacos all game. In addition, fans can enjoy $3 Dos Equis and half-price margaritas from 6 p.m to 8 p.m. Wednesday is Weiner Wednesday with $1 hot dogs all game long. Thursday is the latest Thirsty Thursday at Dr Pepper Ballpark with select domestic drafts for just $1 and craft drafts $2 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Plus, Dr Pepper products cost just $1 all game long.
About the Frisco RoughRiders
The Frisco RoughRiders are the Double-A (Class AA) Affiliate of the Texas Rangers and play their games at Dr Pepper Ballpark in Frisco. The team was founded in 2003 and has finished first among all Double-A minor league teams in attendance each season from 2005 – 2014, drawing more than six million fans in 12 seasons. In August of 2014, the RoughRiders, members of the Texas League, were purchased by an ownership group led by Chuck Greenberg and Scott Sonju. More than 120 former RoughRiders players have gone on to play in Major League Baseball, including All-Stars Chris Davis, Elvis Andrus, Adrian Gonzalez and Ian Kinsler. For more information on the Frisco RoughRiders and Dr Pepper Ballpark, visit ridersbaseball.com. For ticket information, call 972-731-9200 or visit milb.com/tickets/singlegame.jsp?sid=t540. Local contact is Alex Vispoli, 972-334-1976 or email@example.com.