Happy Shrimp, a recipe by Market Street Corporate Chef Chris Wilson, is lime-beer-poached shrimp tossed in a refreshing vegetable cocktail, topped with crumbled cheese and crisp tostada strips.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Equipment: 4 quart saucepan or pot, mixing bowl
- 3 bottles (Anheuser Busch) Bud Light Lime Beer
- 2 lbs. 31/40 P & D tail off shrimp
- 3 C. V8 Juice
- ½ C. Ketchup
- 2 .32-oz. pkgs. McCormick “Recipe Inspirations” Garlic Lime Chicken Fajita seasoning pack
- 1/3 C. Lime juice
- 2 tsp. Salt
- ½ C. Celery (diced)
- 1 C. Cucumber (peeled, seeded, diced)
- ½ C. White onion (diced)
- 1 C. Fresh tomatoes (diced)
- 2 Fresh avocados (peeled, seeded, diced)
- 1 4-oz. pkg. crumbled feta cheese
Pour the beer into a 4-quart pot and bring to a boil. Place shrimp in the boiling beer. When beer comes back to a boil, strain and remove the shrimp from the beer. Place shrimp in the refrigerator to begin chilling. Discard the used beer.
Place all remaining ingredients, except the feta cheese and the shrimp, in a mixing bowl and stir together. Add shrimp to mixture and chill.
Serve shrimp cocktail topped with crumbled feta cheese, tostada chips, & cold Bud Light Lime Beer.