To make your next backyard barbecue a major success, McKinney Magazine asked local experts for tips on how to prepare the best burgers.
And, we've tracked down recipes to help you prepare your juciest hamburger and veggie burger yet!
Helpful Tips from Culver's:
Culver’s has been preparing ButterBurgers the same way you would at home since 1984.
There are a few important rules that make Culver’s ButterBurgers unique and oh-so-delicious. Lucky for us, they have shared the following tips to make your burgers a hit too!
- Use only 100 percent Midwest-raised beef that's fresh, never frozen
- Sear burgers on the grill to lock in juicy flavor and create perfectly crispy edges
- Use only real Wisconsin cheese and fresh, premium produce
- Lightly butter and toast the burger buns to complete a delectable burger
Juiciest Hamburgers Ever (Allrecipes.com)
Ingredients (serves six):
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat grill for high heat.
2. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, evaporated milk, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, and garlic using your hands. Form the mixture into 8 hamburger patties.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill patties 5 minutes per side, or until well done.
Best of Everything Veggie Burgers (Allrecipes.com)
Ingredients (serves six):
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, or as needed
1. Bring the brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. Mash black beans in a large bowl with a fork until thick and pasty; set aside.
3. Place the bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor, and chop finely. Stir the bell pepper mixture into the mashed black beans. Place the brown rice and mozzarella cheese in the food processor, and process until combined. Stir the mixture into the black beans.
4. Whisk together the eggs, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt, and hot sauce. Stir the egg mixture into the black bean mixture. Stir in the bread crumbs, adding additional bread crumbs as needed until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide into 6 large patties.
5. Place patties onto the prepared foil, and grill until browned and heated through, about 8 minutes per side.