McKINNEY — McKinney ISD leapt to the forefront of school communications in 2011 when it introduced misdGO, one of the most comprehensive K–12 mobile apps in the country at that time. Now, an all-new version of misdGO is available that offers students, parents and teachers even better on-the-go access to all things MISD.
Available now for free download in the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, misdGO is powered by ParentLink and offers a fresh, updated look along with improved functionality.
MisdGO 4.3 is a complete overhaul of the previous 1.3 version. It’s even more cost effective, and in addition to improving on every section found in the old app, the district has added iPad support and a “Stream” section that allows parents to view MISD social feeds, app notifications and student information all in a single timeline.
"We're excited about the improvements we've made to misdGO and the tools it offers our parents and students,” said MISD Chief Communications Officer Cody Cunningham.
“One of our goals was to allow parents to have more control over where and what types of information they receive. They can now access news, alerts and social media updates from specific campuses as well as the district. The new version also allows parents to tap into campus social media like never before. Access to grades, assignments and other course information will continue to be a primary draw to the app,” Cunningham said.
With misdGO 4.3, users have access to ...
- News: Check out the latest McKinney ISD news and press releases.
- Calendar: Find out what’s happening at campuses throughout the district.
- Stream: View MISD social feeds and app notifications all in one timeline.
- Notifications: Receive push notifications in the event of bad weather, school closings, and other school district alerts!
- Student Info: Safely and confidentially access your student's information.
- School Menus: Check out breakfast and lunch menus for the upcoming week.
- My School Bucks: Pay for school meals and more, anytime anywhere from inside misdGO.
- Staff Directory: Locate contact information for MISD faculty and staff.
- School Locator: Locate campuses around you or search for campus locations by entering a home address.
- MET Videos: View highlights of sporting events, theater performances, student and faculty interviews, graduations, and other features.
- Library: Access the online libraries and library resources.
- About MISD: Learn more about MISD and view some of our recent accomplishments.
- Athletics: Get updated scores for middle school and high school athletic events.
- Settings: Configure the misdGO app to suit your needs.
Life moves quickly, especially for parents. But, with misdGO, it’s easier than ever to keep up – and stay connected.
For additional information on McKinney ISD, contact Shane Mauldin, MISD Communications Coordinator, at 469-302-4007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About McKinney ISD
One of the fastest growing school districts in Texas, the McKinney Independent School District currently enrolls more than 24,750 students in 20 elementary schools, five middle schools, three high schools, four alternative schools and one early childhood education school. The mission of McKinney ISD, the champion for progressive learning throughout the diverse McKinney community, is to inspire and equip all students to explore, develop and express their unique potential as innovators, critical thinkers and collaborators through challenging, engaging and diverse learning experiences in vital partnership with the community. Visit the district's website at mckinneyisd.net.