With August approaching and school supply lists already popping up at local stores, parents need to remember to enroll -- or re-enroll -- their children for the 2012-2013 school year.
McKinney ISD parents can enroll their students by using the school district's Online Registration System or by visiting the school that the student is zoned for. This is determined by the student's physical home address. The district asks parents to please review the current school zone maps to determine which school a child is zoned for.
Registration for incoming kindergarten and new elementary student registration for the 2012-2013 opened in April and is ongoing.
On the following date, all elementary students may be registered at McKinney ISD Central Office:
- Tuesday, July 31st 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Elementary registration resumes at home campuses on Tuesday, Aug. 14.
Registration for the 2012-2013 school year will be held at Central Office on Tuesday, July 31 from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Registration for the 2012-2013 school year will be held on all secondary campuses on Tuesday, July 31 from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (Please keep in mind that the McKinney High School administrative offices are located at McKinney Boyd High School, 600 N. Lake Forest Drive, until mid-August.)
For more information, go online to the McKinney ISD enrollment page by clicking here.
Requirements to Enroll
The following information is required for new students to enroll in McKinney ISD schools.
- Proof of residency (must be a current utility bill, gas, water or electric, house contract with closing date and/or lease with signatures. A driver's license will not be accepted as proof of residency).
- Student's social security card (optional)
- Student's birth certificate
- Updated shot records
- Secondary students should have a copy of their school transcripts when registering