As part of the ongoing TxDOT project to widen U.S. 75 from the Sam Rayburn Tollway to White Avenue in McKinney, TxDOT made the following traffic switch late Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2014:
U.S. 75 Northbound Frontage Road Now Open from Eldorado Parkway to Virginia Parkway.
The U.S. 75 northbound frontage road has re-opened from south of Eldorado Parkway to Virginia Parkway. This means the following:
- Drivers can once again use the northbound frontage road bypass route under the Eldorado Parkway bridge.
- The Park Central Drive intersection with the frontage road is open again.
- The southern access driveway to the Community Center is open again.
- The new connection road from the frontage road to Park View Avenue just south of the movie theater is open.
- The northbound entrance ramp near Service King (north of Eldorado Parkway) has been relocated to near the Honda of McKinney (south of Rockhill Road).
As a reminder, this TxDOT construction project to widen U.S. 75 from the Sam Rayburn Tollway to White Avenue in McKinney to four main lanes in each direction and three frontage road lanes in each direction will provide much needed extra capacity through McKinney. The project is anticipated to be complete in January 2016.
Please be safe when traveling through the work zone and always observe traffic warning signs.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) is responsible for maintaining 80,000 miles of road and for supporting aviation, rail and public transportation across the state. TxDOT and its 11,000 employees are committed to working with others to provide safe and reliable transportation solutions for Texas by maintaining a safe system, addressing congestion, connecting Texas communities, and being a Best in Class state agency. Find out more at txdot.gov.
Road conditions and traffic updates are available on the drivetexas.org website, on Facebook at facebook.com/txdot and Twitter at twitter.com/txdot or twitter.com/txdotdallaspio.
Motorists also can call TxDOT's toll-free highway condition line at 1-800-452-9292 for roadway information. For non-emergency roadside assistance, motorists can call the Texas Department of Public Safety at 1-800-525-5555. TxDOT’s four goals: Maintain a safe system, address congestion, connect Texas communities and be a Best-in-Class state agency.