LUBBOCK – To accommodate guests with a sweet tooth, Market Street has announced a line of signature specialty cakes topped with fresh fruit, as well as a new line of 5-inch cakes. Available at all Market Street locations in DFW and West Texas through April 1, the cakes can be made to order in any size and are made fresh in the Market Street Bakery.
“Guests will really taste the difference in these cakes created by our cake specialists,” said Tammy Kampsula, business director of bakery for Market Street. “Our in-store cakes have always been a hit, but we are excited to now offer guests the opportunity to truly customize cakes that taste as good as they look.”
Ideally, guests should order their signature specialty cake at least 24 hours in advance, though Market Street’s Bakery is usually able to decorate a custom cake with shorter notice. The 5-inch cake serves three to four people, and a 1/8-sheet cake serves eight to 10 people.
The signature specialty cakes listed below will be made and decorated in-store:
- 5” German Chocolate Cake – Four layers of moist chocolate cake with German chocolate icing between each layer and dark chocolate poured over the top; garnished with pecans.
- 5” Carrot Harvest Cake – Four layers of moist carrot cake filled and frosted with Market Street’s signature harvest icing; garnished with caramel drizzle and raisins.
- 5” Glimmer Glaze Cake – Two layers of moist white cake filled and frosted with whipped vanilla icing; glimmer glaze poured over the top and decorated in a seasonal theme.
- 5” Triple Chocolate Cake – Two layers of moist chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream between the layers; iced with chocolate buttercream, drizzled with dark chocolate and garnished with chocolate curls.
- 1/8 Sheet Classic Cake – Two layers of all natural, made-from-scratch white cake – filled with pastry cream and frosted with whipped vanilla icing; garnished on top with fresh fruit.
- 1/8 Sheet Fruit Basket Cake – Three layers of all natural, made-from-scratch white cake – filled with alternating layers of crushed pineapple and strawberry preserves; frosted in vanilla whipped icing and topped with an arrangement of fresh fruit.
- 1/8 Sheet Chantilly Cake – Two layers of all natural, made-from-scratch white cake, filled and frosted with Chantilly icing – a blend of Mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and whipped cream; toasted almonds garnish the sides of the cake and an arrangement of fresh fruit on top.
- 1/8 Sheet Tres Leches Cake – Sponge cake soaked with milk, frosted and trimmed with whipped vanilla icing and garnished with white cake crumbs and an arrangement of fresh fruit.
About Market Street
Market Street is a unique and inspiring shopping experience — the place to go for people who care about food, who want a healthier lifestyle, and who are open to fresh new food ideas. It’s the place “where everyday meets gourmet” — where guests can bring many shopping lists to one store. Market Street locations can be found in Allen, Amarillo, Colleyville, Coppell, Flower Mound, Frisco, Lubbock (3), McKinney, Plano and Wichita Falls.
About United Supermarkets, LLC
Now in its 97th year of operation, United Supermarkets, LLC, is a Texas-based grocery chain with stores in 31 markets across north and west Texas. A self-distributing company with its headquarters in Lubbock and distribution centers in Lubbock and Roanoke, United currently operates 58 stores under four unique brands: United Supermarkets, Market Street, Amigos and United Express, along with subsidiary operations R.C. Taylor Distributing, Praters and Llano Logistics. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Albertson’s LLC. For more information, visit unitedtexas.com.