It’s that time of year when the temperatures are starting to dip and fall colors start to make their appearance. It’s also the perfect time to decorate with pumpkins!
Yes, I prefer real pumpkins and gourds for decorating, but that’s not always ideal, so I decided to improve on faux pumpkins to make them more earthy.
Turn the page for complete directions on how this look is achieved and see even more fall decor ideas on page 72 of the magazine or click here to read it online.
• Remove faux stem with box cutter
• Enhance pumpkin base with gel stain
• Glue moss and real stem to base of faux pumpkin
DEFINITION: to forage for broken/detached pumpkin stems at pumpkin patches
• Dry out stem by low heat in oven or naturally in sun.
• Support your local pumpkin vendors and while you’re there, ask if you can go “stemming”.
Remember to save stems from your own pumpkins for next year!
About the author: Carolyn Kubes enjoys discovering unique treasures and finding new ways to use them. Her creations can be seen at Fringe the Event on East Louisiana Street. Email her at email@example.com.