- This event has passed.
Thu, February 4|12:00pm - 1:00pm Free
You are invited to a special conversation about diversity in health care and the “Black Men in White Coats” documentary on Thursday, Feb. 4, noon to 1 p.m., co presented by UT Southwestern, Children’s Health and Parkland Health and Hospital System. Fewer black men applied to medical school in 2014 than in 1978, and black men have the lowest life expectancy in the United States. With only 2% of American doctors being black men, this comes as no surprise.
It’s time to end this crisis and get more BLACK MEN IN WHITE COATS.
- Dale Okorodudu, M.D., UT Southwestern, and founder of Black Men in White Coats;
- Barry-Lewis Harris II, M.D., Medical Director, Correctional Health Services, Parkland;
- Quinn Capers IV, M.D., Associate Dean, Faculty Diversity, UT Southwestern;
- Cameron Holmes, Third-year medical student at UT Southwestern;
- Marc Nivet, Ed.D., MBA, Executive Vice President, Institutional Advancement (Moderator).
Register to attend: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YIpPZmzfR-u_wcU8zdte-w?j=155128&sfmc_sub=80497330&l=327_HTML&u=2291198&mid=110007893&jb=2