- This event has passed.
Tue, October 11|7:00pm - 8:00pm
Join us for “Basics of Social Security” Workshop on Saturday, October 1st at 10:30 am.
This complimentary workshop is part of the McKinney Public Library System Adult Education program.
This workshop will cover:
* 5 factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
* When it makes sense to delay benefits -- and when it does not
* Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
* How to estimate your benefits
* How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
* How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
* How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income