Boo! It's pumpkin time – the best accessory this time of year, if I do say so.
Here are a few fun ways to bring that perfect gourd front and center for Halloween.
Make lunch time or snack time super spooky by using a Sharpie to decorate the top of a plastic-covered fruit cup. The kids will get a kick out of that toothy pumpkin grin!
Pumpkin Party Favors
Whether you give one to every trick-or-treater or use as party favors, these little pumpkin pouches are a fun way to hand out goodies.
- orange tissue paper
- floral tape
- Layer tissue paper and cut in circles approximately 10 inches in diameter.
- Use two tissue paper circles per pumpkin.
- Place candy in center of circle.
- Pull up all sides to the middle and twist.
- Wrap floral tape around top and squeeze to make stem.
Pumpkin Wine Bottles
Reuse those empty wine bottles to make fun jack-o-lanterns.
- wine bottles
- orange and green spray paint
- masking tape
- Exacto knife
- Clean bottles and remove labels by soaking in warm soapy water.
- Tape newspaper around bottle, leaving the neck exposed.
- Spray paint the neck of bottle green. Let dry completely.
- Place strips of masking tape across middle of bottle.
- Draw faces on tape.
- Use Exacto knife to cut the faces out. Remove the excess tape but leave the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Once the neck is dry, cover with newspaper.
- Paint remainder of bottle with orange spray paint. Let dry completely.
Carefully remove remaining faces.
Enjoy all of your cute pumpkins!
A little spooky fun goes a long way!
About the author: Simri Davis lives in McKinney with her husband and three children.