Soft skills are vital to enhancing an individual’s career. Collin College Continuing Education is introducing new Lunchtime Certificate Series Business Courses starting in September.
Each eight-hour, four-session certificate series is from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Fridays at the Courtyard Center, 4800 Preston Park Blvd. in Plano.
Students are welcome to bring their lunch. Registration is open.
New certificate series courses include:
- Writing Skills
- Sept. 21-Oct. 12
- Learn about sentence structure, clear messaging, planning and organizing messages and professional email guidelines. Course cost is $59. For more information, visit www.collin.edu/ce/courses_b_lunchtime_writingskills.html.
- Coaching in the Workplace
- Sept. 21-Oct.12
- Sessions include Coaching in the Workplace, The Coach Approach - Coaching Techniques & Practices I, The Coach Approach - Coaching Techniques & Practices II and Coaching & Stress Management. Course cost is $59. For more information, visit www.collin.edu/ce/courses_b_lunchtime_coaching.html.
- Cultural & Generational Differences
- Oct. 19-Nov.9
- Sessions include The Basics of Bias, Our Global Economy & Cultural Differences, Effective Generational Communications and Bridge the Gap. Course cost is $59. For more information, visit www.collin.edu/ce/courses_b_lunchtime_cultural.html.
- Effective Speaking & Presentational Skills
- Oct. 19-Nov.9
- Sessions include Master the World of Speaking, Speaker’s Tool Chest, Getting Your Thoughts on Paper and Speaking in a Business. Course cost is $59. For more information, visit www.collin.edu/ce/courses_b_lunchtime_effective.html.
Collin College Continuing Education is the leading career skills training institution for adults who are not seeking a degree. More than 53 certificate series and certification preparation training programs are offered in the health care, computer, administrative, manufacturing, logistics, education, management, service and hospitality career fields.
Collin College serves about 53,000 credit and continuing education students annually and offers more than 100 degree and certificate programs. The only public college in the county, Collin College is a partner to business, government and industry, providing customized training and work force development.