Recipe for Blueberry Broccoli Smoothie
For those trying to drink their daily dose of fruits and vegetables (or for those who'd like to drink their antioxidants):
1 cup of frozen blueberries
½ cup of steamed broccoli
1 cup of 100 percent cranberry juice
½ cup of low-fat plain yogurt
2 cups red, peeled grapes
Blend all ingredients together in blender -- and enjoy!
Tips and tricks for making great smoothies:
- Freeze glasses ahead of time to ensure smoothies remain cool and thick.
- Instead of using whole ice cubes, always crush the ice before adding it to the blender.
- Cut the fruit into chunks before blending.
- Freeze fruits ahead of time to use in place of crushed ice for more flavor.
- Always have thick straws on hand; these can be purchased at any health food store or kitchen supply.
About the author: Melanie Wallace is a freelance writer who lives in Frisco.