If you're looking for something to do in McKinney, check out these new businesses that have recently opened.
Full of flavor and atmospheric awe, these new bakeries, restaurants and tasting rooms are sure to feed your tummy:
• Opened: February 2022.
• About: This husband-and-wife business offers high quality artisan bread and Viennoiserie. Viennoiserie is a baked good made from a yeast-leavened dough with added ingredients like eggs, butter, milk, cream and sugar. This gives them a richer, sweeter taste and look. Try them out for yourself in this delightful new spot in downtown McKinney.
• When: Thursday, Friday and Saturday 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
• Where: Location: 301-B East Louisiana Street (214) 578-1979
• Opened: March 2022.
• About: Baron’s Creek Vineyard has a prestigious reputation for its Texas wines, with tasting rooms located in Fredericksburg, Georgetown, Granbury, and now downtown McKinney (located on the historic downtown square off Louisiana Street). This beautiful new location provides a tranquil setting to relax and enjoy. Tastings are $21 each with available fine cheeses and meats on their generous charcuterie boards. They also have a tapas menu that changes on a regular basis.
• When: Monday-Thursday 2 p.m. - 9 p.m. Friday 2 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. Saturday 12 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
• Location: 301 West Louisiana Street (214) 856-4161
• Opened: Grand opening in April 2022.
• About: True to its name, House of Bread offers all the wonderful baked goods you would expect along with cooking lessons and education for the public on all things bread (including gluten-free bread). This delicious bakery is another husband-and-wife dynamic duo. Franchisees Mechelle Coate and Dustin Marks are passionate about community and giving back. House of Bread offers a hearty lunch menu and catering services.
• When: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday Closed
• Location: 7551 Eldorado Parkway