The Heard-Craig House, built in 1900, is one of the most beautifully preserved historic homes in North Texas. The gracious hospitality of S. D. Heard and his wife, Lillie, made this residence a center of social, business, art and literary activities. The family’s heirlooms, art objects, personal memorabilia and furniture remain in the home today.
The mission of the Heard-Craig Center for the Arts is to continue Kathryn Heard Craig’s vision to foster the arts through exhibits and educational programs, extend meeting privileges to historic/educational clubs, and preserve the Heard-Craig properties and collections.
A generous grant from the McKinney Community Development Corporation in 2013 – 14 made it possible for a fire suppression to be installed in the Heard-Craig House. This grant and others from MCDC have helped preserve the Heard-Craig House for future generations to enjoy.