Towne Creek Apartments Oktoberfest to be held on Tuesday, October 2nd from 10:00 to 12:00 in the Towne Creek Apartments Lobby and Community Room
Each year, Towne Creek Apartments host their annual health fair, Oktoberfest. We invite area agencies in to share their information, as well as offer the senior resident’s services. This year we are proud to welcome the following agencies to participate in Oktoberfest:
- Community Lifeline Center
- Denton County Transit Authority
- Family Health Center
- Grace Home Health (who will offer free balance testing)
- Guardian Hospice
- Hearing Services of McKinney (who will offer free hearing tests)
- McKinney Fire Department
- McKinney Pharmacy (who will offer the Flu, Pneumococcal and Shingles Vaccines)
- McKinney Senior Recreation Center
- Meals on Wheels of Collin County
- North Central Texas Area Agency on Aging
- North Texas Food Bank
- Outreach Home Care
- Texas Home Health Services (who will offer free wellness screenings)
As you may know, Towne Creek Apartments is a community of Retirement Housing Foundation (RHF). Towne Creek Apartments is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that provides affordable apartments for older adults in McKinney, Texas. We serve approximately 48 individuals in our community.
“It’s wonderful to be able to learn about these services right here in the building” stated Becky Murphy.
RHF is a nationally regarded non-profit organization committed to serving its more than 22,000 residents in 194 communities nationwide. Since 1961, RHF’s mission has been to provide a range of housing options and services for older adults, economically disadvantaged families and people with disabilities. We believe in our mission and hope that you do too! More information about RHF is available at www.rhf.org.
“It makes it so easy to get my flu shot each year,” said Nelma Hyde, “as well as other health screenings.”
Kelly Presley, Manager of Towne Creek Apartments would love to give you a tour. You can contact her at 972-548-7170.
For more information on this event, please contact Christy Sadler, Service Coordinator at 972-540-5276.