Come out and join the festivities, and be sure to make a donation – your donations during the event will be amplified by bonus funds and prizes.
The event will feature music provided by local musicians and children's choirs, an official proclamation by local dignitaries, prizes awarded to nonprofits, free gifts, snacks and beverages, games, and appearances by miniature horses, alpacas, costumed characters and dogs.
For more details go to northtexasgivingday.org/#mckinney.
Schedule of events:
- 5 p.m. – Opening ceremony with the Mayor and a representative from Congressman Sam Johnson's office. First random drawing for $500 and group photo.
- 5:10 p.m. – Dance performance by North Texas Angels Pageant.
- 5:20 p.m. – Guitar performance by The Guitar Sanctuary.
- 5:40 p.m. – Remarks from Florence Shapiro, Communities Foundation Board and Choral performance by McKinney Christian Academy.
- 6 p.m. – Jingle performed by Hugs Cafe and second random drawing for $500.
- 6:20 p.m. – Fencing Demonstration by the North Texas Fencing Association.
- 6:40 p.m. – Guitar performance by Pat Harrington (Chestnut Square).
- 7 p.m. – Final random drawing, at-risk teen agency drawing and Closing remarks from Dana Riley of Volunteer McKinney
Hope Women's Center
What is North Texas Giving Day?
North Texas' incredible generosity has broken the national record three years in a row! After last year's national record-crushing 75,000 donations totaling $26.3 million, North Texas Giving Day is back with the hopes that North Texas will raise the giving day bar once again to benefit more North Texas nonprofits. On Sept. 17, 2015, donations of $25 or more can be made 6 a.m. to midnight to more than 2,100 certified nonprofits listed on NorthTexasGivingDay.org. Those donations will be amplified by more than $2 million dollars in bonus funds and prizes. News and updates will be posted regularly to social media sites: Facebook: North Texas Giving Day and Twitter: @NTXGivingDay
About Volunteer McKinney
Since 1998, Volunteer McKinney has connected volunteers to local nonprofit organizations and has provided assistance to organizations. Volunteer McKinney has also served the community through events such as the National "Make a Difference Day" and Community Volunteer Recognition Events. Our mission is to: Connect people to their passion through volunteerism and strengthen McKinney area nonprofits through training and collaboration. For more information, visit VolunteerMcKinney.org.