Volunteer McKinney will host the "Spirit of McKinney – Hats Off to Volunteers" on Thursday, Sept. 11 at 6:30 p.m. at Heritage Springs Event Center in Anna.
Volunteer award nominations are now being accepted. The process starts by clicking here. It only takes a few minutes to recognize an individual, group, leader or business for an award. All nominees must live or work in McKinney or performed their volunteer service in McKinney. Each nominee or group will receive two free tickets to the event and will be recognized publicly for their giving spirit. Only one winner will be chosen in each category and will be announced at the event.
This evening of dinner and old time Western style entertainment will feature Awards for individuals and groups who exemplify the Spirit of McKinney through their volunteerism and selfless acts of service.
Please nominate someone to be recognized at this year’s event. The primary volunteer activities must have taken place in or around McKinney to be considered. Each nominee will receive two complimentary tickets and be recognized at the event. All nominations should be submitted by Monday, Aug. 18 at 5 p.m. No late entries will be accepted.
- Kim Hoffman–Volunteer of the Year Award: Presented to one adult who exemplifies the true spirit of Volunteerism through volunteering with numerous organizations in or around McKinney and demonstrates a passion for identifying and meeting this community’s needs.
- Pete & Nancy Huff Community Service Award: Presented to a person(s) who demonstrates a long-standing commitment to this community through volunteerism, board service and/or leadership of local organizations or groups.
- The Heart Award: Presented to an individual or group who has provided significant volunteer service to one agency or organization and has made a significant impact on the agency and/or the clients they serve.
- Nonprofit Leadership Award: Presented to a paid staff member within a McKinney-area nonprofit organization who has demonstrated leadership, commitment and vision within their organization and/or in collaboration with other organizations for the common good.
- Volunteer Group Award: Presented to a group of volunteers who have joined together in service to others, contributing to a local nonprofit, cause or organization to impact the lives of others.
- Youth Volunteer Award: Presented to a volunteer under the age of 21 or a group of volunteers under the age of 21 who have demonstrated leadership and/or a commitment to serving others within the McKinney area.
- “Spirit of McKinney” Business Service Award: Presented to a McKinney area business for their demonstration of community support through volunteerism and/or financial support of local nonprofits including employee engagement programs and sponsorships of community events.
- Inspired to Serve Award: Presented to a public or private school, home school group or other group that endeavors to teach and demonstrate serving others to its students through curriculum, programs and community service initiatives.
About Volunteer McKinney
Since 1998, Volunteer McKinney has connected volunteers to local nonprofit organizations and has provided assistance to organizations. Volunteer McKinney has also served the community through events such as the National "Make a Difference Day" and Community Volunteer Recognition Events. Connecting people to their passion through volunteerism and strengthening McKinney area nonprofits through training and collaboration. For more information visit VolunteerMcKinney.org.