LWV Collin County Candidate Forum
The League of Women Voters of Collin County invites the public to a free forum for candidates in contested races in the March 6 primary elections. The forum will be Saturday, January 27, at the Collin College Spring Creek Living Legends Conference Rooms D-E, 2800 E. Spring Creek Parkway, Plano, TX 75074, with five sessions as follows:
- 10:30-11:00 – Collin County Clerk, JP Precinct 2 and JP Precinct 3 Place 2
- 11:15-11:45 – Collin County District Attorney and 219th District Court Judge
- 12:00-12:45 – Collin County Judge, County Commissioner Precincts 2, 3 and 4
- 1:00-2:00 – Texas Senator District 8, Texas Representative Districts 66, 67 and 89
- 2:15-3:15 – U.S. Representative District 3
Candidates from the Democratic, Libertarian and Republican parties for all contested offices in Collin County were invited to the forum. LWV policies for candidate forums require the appearance of at least two candidates for each office; some offices have not been included because the required number of candidates are not able to attend or did not respond to the invitation. For more information about the forum, including a complete list of candidates who plan to participate, visit www.LWVCollin.org.
February 5 is the last day to register to vote in the March 6 election. Early voting will be available from February 20 to March 2. See the Collin County Elections website for more information, www.co.collin.tx.us/elections.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy. We never support or oppose any political party or candidate.