Leadership McKinney, a program of the McKinney Chamber of Commerce, has entered its 26th year and continues to motivate class participants to become change agents for the community.
As part of the program curriculum, the Leadership McKinney Class of 2014 is required to complete a class project. They are inviting community organizations to submit proposals for specific, short term projects.
Class members are looking for projects that:
- Meet a need based on an organizational or McKinney issue.
- Prepare participants for future leadership activities by creating a sense of collective efficacy, e.g. “Together, we can make a difference.”
- Provide participants with an opportunity to practice team leadership and group management skills.
- Enable participants to develop strong, lasting relationships amongst class members.
- Instill the practice of volunteer service in each participant.
WOULD YOUR ORGANIZATION LIKE TO SUBMIT A PROJECT FOR CONSIDERATION?
Click here for more information.
Click here for community partner project proposal.