2nd Annual Karaoke for Cans Food Drive is Underway
Cans of fruit were donated. Raffle tickets were sold. Tacos and beverages were consumed. Karaoke bragging rights were taken very seriously. And all proceeds went to support our Community Food Pantry of McKinney!
YES. We have food-insecure households right here in McKinney.
Food insecurity: the state of being without reliable access to a sufficient amount of affordable nutritious food.
- Food insecurity is experienced by 1 in 7 Americans.
- That includes 4.8 million Texans.
- Collin County has 16% food insecure people.
- 1 in 6 food-insecure households in North Texas is home to a veteran.
- And it affects 1 in every 4 children in North Texas – almost 300,000 children.
In 2018, the Community Food Pantry of McKinney provided meals to 61,599 area residents, which included nearly 2,500 children.
How can YOU help fill the shelves?
- Drop off 15-oz. cans of fruit now through December 12 at the McKinney Chamber office – 400 W. Virginia St, Ste. 100.
- If you have a business, participate in the Corporate Challenge. If you are interested, email Deb Fitzgerald - email@example.com.
The Second Annual Karaoke for Cans Food Drive is brought to you by Leadership McKinney Alumni Network and Utter Wealth Management Group of Wells Fargo Advisors.