Below is a list of the McKinney Chamber of Commerce Member non-profits and their needs/wants/wishes. The list appears alphabetically by business name.
AMERICAN RED CROSS McKINNEY
The American Red Cross exists to provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world.
- New/Unused sweat pants & sweat shirts in all sizes for men, women & children
- Flip flops for men, women & children in all sizes
- New/Unused Blankets
CASA OF COLLIN COUNTY
972-447-0756, ext. 103
CASA promotes and protects the best interests of children who have been abused or neglected by training volunteer advocates to improve the child’s quality of life and serves as their voice within the court system to ensure they are placed in a safe, permanent and loving home.
- Gift cards in $10 increments to Walmart, Target, JCPenney
- Cosmetic bags & make-up for teenage girls
- Wallets for teenage boys
- Educational/Developmental toys
- Winter clothing for all ages
CHILDREN AND COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
The Children and Community Health Center exists to provide basic health care and preventative health education to qualifying residents of Collin County. Qualifiers include residence in northern Collin County, total household income below 200% of the federal poverty level and no insurance. Despite the Affordable Care Act (ACA), there will still be a need for our clinic to provide charity care as a member of the safety net. Even after full implementation of the ACA, according to the Congressional Budget Office, there will be as many as 29 million people without access to health insurance, including documented, undocumented and those who are reside in Texas which did not expand Medicaid.
- Extra-large containers of disinfectant wipes to disinfectant exam rooms and lab between patients (36 per year)
- One liter bottles of hand sanitizer necessary to prevent contamination (12 per year)
- 8½ x 11 white copy paper (24 cartons per year)
- Small stand-alone freezer for immunizations
- Scanners (contact CCHC for specifications)
COLLIN COUNTY COMMITTEE ON AGING / MEALS ON WHEELS
To combat isolation and promote the health, dignity, and independence of those 60 years or older by providing meals for individuals who are homebound, unable to prepare their own meals and are nutritionally at risk.
- Seated walkers ($80-$100)
- Cases of Ensure nutritional supplement ($30-$40 case)
- Depends (pull-up kind only) ($20 pack)
- Shower seats/chairs ($30 each)
- $20 Gift cards to purchase the above or needed items for seniors who are homebound
COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY OF McKINNEY
We provide groceries on an emergency basis ... no one is to go to bed hungry
- Milk for our children
- Baby formula, Enfamile and Similac
- 3 and 8 quart boxes of powdered milk
- 15 oz. cans of evaporated milk
COMMUNITY LIFELINE CENTER
Community Lifeline Center strengthens communities in North Collin County by guiding residents in crisis back to self-sufficiency and independence.
- 8½ x 11 multipurpose white copy paper
- Forever postage stamps
- Gift Cards – Kroger, Market Street, Super 1 Foods, Wal-Mart, Target
- Micro-Cut Shredder – Fellowes MS-450Cs
- Portable Scanner – Brother DS mobile 600 Handheld Scanner
KIWANIS CLUB OF McKINNEY
Serving our community since 1949. The Kiwanis Club of McKinney serves the citizens of Collin County through youth programs, community service projects and support of other charitable organizations.
- New members to insure our continued support of our community projects
- Crayons and coloring books to support Children’s Medical Center
- Trophies and Medals for our Halos Special Needs Team
- Community support for our fundraisers: BBQ Dinner, Pancake Breakfast & Adult/Kids Triathlon
- Donations to our club Foundation for Student Scholarship Fund
MANEGAIT THERAPEUTIC HORSEMANSHIP
At ManeGait Therapeutic Horsemanship, children and adults with disabilities move beyond their boundaries through the healing power of the horse and the dedication of a professional and caring community.
- Gift cards – Home Depot, Walmart and Hobby Lobby
- Merchant gifts to be used in fundraising events
- Video Camera with SD cards
- Hammer Drill
- Chop Saw
McKINNEY EDUCATION FOUNDATION
To provide the highest quality of education in McKinney, Texas, our mission is to inspire students and teachers towards excellence in education.
- Cash donations
- Merchant gift cards
- Office supply gift cards
- Merchant gifts that can be used as raffle items and fundraising events
McKINNEY FAMILY YMCA
To put Christian values into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. The Y nurtures and strengthens our community with a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
- Program Scholarship Donations
- Any Gift Cards (Walmart, Home Depot, etc.)
- Gift Cards Office Supply
- Toys, Games, Coloring Books (Ages 3 - 12 years)
- Fun Craft Kits (Ages 6 - 12 years)
McKINNEY HOUSING AUTHORITY
The Housing Authority’s mission is to be results-oriented and citizen-centered as it strives to serve the needs of low-income families and to 1) increase the availability of decent, safe and affordable housing in its communities; 2) ensure equal opportunity in housing; 3) promote self-sufficiency and asset development of families and individuals; and 4) improve community quality of life and economic viability.
- 65 Care Baskets for Elderly/Disabled (Items can range from household goods, food or warm clothing)
100 Snack Packs for school children out for the holidays
THE SAMARITAN INN
972-632-1290 or 972-542-5302
We are a comprehensive homeless program that helps willing people gain dignity and independence.
- Gift cards to Target and Wal-Mart (any amount) to be used for resident holiday gifts, as well as special year round needs (ie: gasoline, medications, food, shoes)
- Monetary Donations
SHILOH PLACE McKINNEY
Shiloh Place provides housing and training to single moms in order to equip them for financial independence and personal wholeness by addressing their educational, spiritual, and emotional needs. We are a 501c3 organization.
- All-in-One Brother color printer for office
- $1,000 for marketing materials / monetary donations
- Gift cards: office supply, Walmart, gas
- Women's and children's (12 mo. - size 6, boys and girls) clothing and shoes
- Diapers, wipes, multivitamins (woman and children)
VETERANS OF FOREIGN WARS LONE STAR POST 2150
To foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts, to serve our veterans, the military, and our communities, and to advocate on behalf of all veterans.
(Donation box at the post)
Donations for troops in Afghanistan and veterans in the Bonham VA Hospital:
- Drink mixes
- Baby wipes
- Ramen noodles
- Earth tone boot socks
- Hygiene products, men & women
- Cheez-It crackers
- Hard candies and any non-chocolate candies
- Hand sanitizer
- Freezable Popsicles from Sam’s
Support McKinney Veterans Memorial via our golf tournament (player prizes, hole sponsors and players).
If you are a Chamber Member non-profits and wish to be included in this file, send your list of the top five items that your business would like to see in your stocking this year. We suggest that you choose items with varying levels of cost to interest all levels of donors.
Please include the exact spelling of your organization, your mission (please keep to around 25 words), and contact information as you would like it to appear on the website.
Email to email@example.com.