State Representative Scott Sanford is looking for a hard-working student to nominate for a $10,000 scholarship. Do you know of a 2014 High School graduate that will be enrolling in a college ROTC program and plans to serve in the military upon their college graduation? The Texas Armed Services Scholarship Program, TASSP, offers a $10,000 scholarship to a hard-working student who meets the qualifications.
If you are interested in applying for this scholarship, call or send an email to his district office for a full list of requirements and application instructions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-548-7500.
Who can apply?
Selected students must meet two of the following four academic criteria:
- Is on track to graduate or graduated high school with the Distinguished Achievement Program (DAP) or the International Baccalaureate Program (IB).
- A high school GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Achieved a college readiness score on the SAT (1590) or ACT (23).
- Ranked in the top one-third of the prospective high school graduating class.
What you will do:
If you meet the TASSP requirements, submit the following package to Representative Sanford's district office:
- 1. Resume
- 2. Transcript
- 3. letters of recommendation
- 4. Essay topic on "What does America mean to you?" (MLA standard, 300 words minimum, 350 words maximum).
You may mail or drop off your package to Representative Sanford's district office located at:
115 W. Virginia St., Ste. #103
McKinney, TX, 75069
Deadline to enter is Thursday, July 31. For more information, call 972-548-7500 or email to email@example.com.