The McKinney Police Department is accepting applications submitted by 5 p.m. Aug. 23, 2019
Application and Submittal Method:
• Apply online at www.mckinneypolice.org, click on “Employment”
**Applicants must have a current e-mail address**
All qualified applicants will be notified by e-mail with testing details.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED AND one of the following three requirements: thirty (30) hours of college education from an accredited university or college with a 2.0 or higher overall grade point average (GPA); OR Two (2) years experience of active U.S. military service with an Honorable Discharge OR Two (2) years of full-time law enforcement experience service in the United States, this may include employment as a sworn officer, a detention officer or in public safety communication. Must also:
• Possess a Basic Peace Officer Certification from the Texas Commission of Law Enforcement (TCOLE) OR have the ability to obtain within six (6) months of employment.
• Possess a valid Texas Class “C” driver’s license.
• Vision must be correctable to 20/20 with normal color vision.
• Pass a hearing test.
• Be a U.S. Citizen at time of application.
• Be 21 years of age at time of entrance exam.
• Be able to work various shifts including nights, holidays and weekends.
• Pass a physical examination and drug screen.
• Meet all legal requirements for future licensing and certification required by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement. For a complete list of the state’s licensing requirements please visit www.tcole.texas.gov.
For more information about the testing process, disqualifiers, required documents, and the physical fitness examination visit