At their Board meeting on Feb. 28, the McKinney Community Development Corporation approved three Promotional and Community Event grant requests.
The board approved:
• The Crape Myrtle Trails request for $8,000 to promote the Run the Trails and More! 5K and 1 mile run/walk on Nov. 16.
• The Heritage Guild of Collin County request for $15,000 to promote the Farmers Market at Chestnut Square and Adriatica, Living History Weekends, the Old-Fashioned Ice Cream Crank-Off, and Trolley tours of McKinney Historic District.
• Kiwanis Club of McKinney’s request for $5,000 to promote the Historic McKinney Kiwanis Triathlon Aug. 3-4.
Public hearings were conducted on three project grant requests. Board action will be scheduled for the March board meeting.
• McKinney Greens HOA requested $15,000 for a community park and playground.
• ReCycles McKinney requested $10,000 for a facility to be used for storage and rehabilitation of used bicycles, and supplies that are needed in the process. The recycled bicycles are provided to individuals in the community at no charge.
• McKinney Garden Club requested $10,000 for a signature beautification project in McKinney parks and medians.
The board also received a report from Parks, Recreation and Open Space on proposed wayfinding and directional signage for the Wilson Creek Hike and Bike trail, and a summary of information compiled to date regarding Aquatic Center options. MCDC board members will research various north Texas facilities, costs and options, seek public input, and report their findings to City Council in August.
The CDC Board also approved a proposal from Raymond Turco and Associates to conduct a Quality of Life survey over the next several months.