The expansion and renovation of the Collin County Courthouse is nearly finished, and a number of courts and county departments are ready to move into their new home at 2100 Bloomdale Road in McKinney.
During the next week and a half, all six of the County Courts at Law, the Probate Court, the clerks, the District Attorney’s Misdemeanor Division, Court Collections, Mental Commitments and Indigent Defense sections will pack up and move to the main courthouse. The state’s Community Supervision and Corrections Department will join them, too, with all offices due to re-open on Sept. 4.
Beginning Aug. 23-24, the packing begins in earnest -- and movers will haul desks, computers and other equipment from the University Drive Courts Facility the following Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 27-28.
Some departments will close entirely, while others will have limited services available Aug. 23-31.
- The County Court at Law clerks will be available to accept limited filings during the move week at their new location in the Collin County Courthouse at 2100 Bloomdale Road in McKinney beginning Monday Aug. 27 from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Credit card payments will not be accepted during the relocation period. Filings will be accepted during the relocation period; however, actions will not be taken on the filings until the courts reconvene after the Labor Day holiday. All County Clerk Offices will re-open for regular business hours on Sept. 4.
- The Community Supervision and Corrections' offices on University Drive will be closed to the public, with no access to phone or computers, from Aug. 23 to Sept. 3, reopening for business at the new courthouse location on Tuesday, Sept. 4. Phone numbers and email addresses will remain the same. The department's other two offices, on Community Avenue in McKinney and Park Boulevard in Plano, will be open for business as usual.
On Sept. 4, when all relocated departments open for business, their offices will be in the following locations:
- County Courts at Law #2, #3, #4
- County Court at Law Clerks
- Probate Court
- County Clerk Probate
- Mental Commitments
- Community Supervision and Corrections (closed Aug. 23)
- County Courts at Law #1 & #5
- Court Collections
- Indigent Defense
- County Court at Law #6
- District Attorney’s Misdemeanor Trial Division
Signs will be posted at the courthouse to help visitors locate the new court and office locations.