The North Texas Tollway Authority will close various ramps on the Sam Rayburn Tollway (SRT) starting Monday, June 25, continuing some closures into early July.
Details are as follows:
- The northbound U.S. 75 direct-connecting ramp to State Highway 5 will be closed from 10 p.m. Monday, June 25, through 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 26. The direct-connector is located at the SRT/U.S. 75 interchange.
The ramp closure is needed to replace a crash cushion.
In addition, various ramps will close at the SRT/I-35E interchange June 25 through July 6 for restriping.
The following closures will take place for restriping work:
- The northbound SRT exit ramp to southbound Interstate 35E will be closed nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, June 25, through the morning of Wednesday, June 27.
- The southbound SRT exit ramp to southbound I-35E will be closed nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday, June 27, through the morning of Friday, June 29.
- The southbound SRT entrance ramp from northbound I-35E will be closed from 8 p.m. Sunday, July 1, through 5 a.m. Monday, July 2.
- The northbound SRT entrance ramp from northbound I-35E will be closed nightly from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Monday, July 2, through the morning of Wednesday, July 4, and also from 8 p.m. Thursday, July 5, through 5 a.m. Friday, July 6.
The restriping work is part of an ongoing NTTA Maintenance project. Since late January, crews have restriped the SRT’s frontage road lanes and main lanes between Denton Tap Road and FM 2281 (Old Denton Road). This restriping project is scheduled to end in July, weather permitting.
Message boards will be placed along the roadway to alert motorists of the closures. All closures are subject to weather conditions and will be postponed, if necessary.
For more information about upcoming lane closures and traffic-related news along NTTA roadways, call (214) 224-3030 or go to the “Scheduled Lane Closures” listing at www.ntta.org.