ALLEN — Michaels, North America’s largest arts and crafts specialty retailer, announces the grand opening of its new Allen store, featuring an inspiring new design, located at 965 W. Bethany Dr., on Sunday, Aug. 31.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 9:45 a.m., and doors open at 10 a.m. Michaels will be giving away more than $1,000 in gift cards and prizes hourly throughout the day. In addition, customers can win items for the whole family from the plinko prize board, which includes jewelry, art supplies, stickers and more. Attendees can also capture the fun at the Michaels photo booth and share on social media using the hashtag #GetCraftyAllen.
The celebration continues throughout the entire week after the grand opening event with free in-store craft demos Monday through Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Customers can enter to win a special gift basket all week long to be given away each evening. On Saturdays kids can explore their creativity with $2 Kids Club crafting events that continue all year long.
“We are thrilled to be joining the Allen community and we hope everyone will come out to help us celebrate during our grand opening week,” said District Manager Chris Young. “Our new store features thousands of products that will inspire every crafter at any level from beginner to expert, plus classes for our customers to learn new skills.”
The store features an open design with wider aisles, warm colors and brighter lighting. Key departments are expanded and re-organized for easy shopping:
- Home decor and floral offers wall art, tabletop decor, dried and silk floral for DIY or custom arrangements as well as vases, candles, decorative storage boxes and seasonal items.
- The scrapbooking and paper crafts department features more than 3,000 styles of stickers and embellishments, plus loose paper, card stock, “bling” and a vast assortment of tools for cutting, cropping, edging and stamping.
- The jewelry department has thousands of different styles of pre-strung and packaged beads, along with specialty findings, pendants, charms, tools and organizers.
- The kids and tweens department inspires creativity through a vast selection of craft supplies and activity kits, plus everything needed for creating A+ school projects.
- The art supplies area includes an expanded canvas selection and fine art papers with more shapes and larger sizes, more than 230 brushes and a broad selection of acrylic, oil and watercolor paints, drawing pencils, pastels and easels.
- Custom framing features an open-style work area that encourages a hands-on design experience, with expert framers to help select mats and mouldings for all styles and budgets.
- Get fresh inspiration while mastering new skills with Michaels’ variety of classes. Cake classes cover basic design as well as advanced techniques for fondant and gum paste. Crafters can put their spin on the latest jewelry trends with jewelry making classes working with a variety of styles and techniques. Paper crafting classes show how to make cards, banners and even wreaths like a pro. New yarn classes run the gamut from simple arm-knit scarves to intricate crocheted animals.
The new store will be approximately 26,862 square feet and will employ more than 60 people.
Irving, Texas-based Michaels Stores Inc. is North America’s largest specialty retailer of arts, crafts, framing, floral, wall decor and seasonal merchandise for the hobbyist and do-it-yourself home decorator. The company currently owns and operates more than 1,135 Michaels stores in 49 states and Canada and 122 Aaron Brothers stores, and produces 11 exclusive private brands including Recollections®, Studio Decor®, Bead Landing®, Creatology®, Ashland®, Celebrate It®, Art Minds®, Artist’s Loft®, Craft Smart®, Loops & Threads® and Imagin8®. For more information visit michaels.com or facebook.com/Michaels or follow Michaels on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram @MichaelsStores.