Healthgrades recognizes hospital for superior outcomes multiple specialties
Medical City McKinney is one of a select group of top hospitals nationally assessed and validated by Healthgrades® for providing quality outcomes for certain healthcare specialties and treatments. This recognition includes being named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care Surgery (2023). This award is for superior clinical outcomes in bowel obstruction treatment, colorectal surgeries, gallbladder removal and upper gastrointestinal surgery.
“Medical City McKinney caregivers are focused on providing excellent care to every patient, every time,” says Ernest C. Lynch, III, FACHE, CEO of Medical City McKinney. “These awards are a testament to the expertise our entire clinical team.”
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Heart Failure (2023)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Critical Care for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Critical Care Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies (2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Colorectal Surgeries (2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery (2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of GI Bleed (2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gastrointestinal Surgeries (2023)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Gastrointestinal Surgery (2023)
- Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall GI Services (2023)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Gastrointestinal Surgery (2023)
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2023 Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2023 Gastrointestinal Surgery Excellence Award™
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment (2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for 3 Years in a Row (2021-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Pneumonia (2023)
“Now more than ever, patients are learning the importance of taking control of their health and using resources like Healthgrades to find the perfect hospital and caregiver match,” says Brad Bowman, MD, chief medical officer and head of data science at Healthgrades. “We commend Medical City McKinney for providing superior service and committing themselves to keep their communities safe.”
Medical City McKinney is among eleven Medical City Healthcare hospitals recognized for superior specialty care in the Healthgrades 2023 Specialty Care Ratings & Awards including Medical City Alliance, Medical City Arlington, Medical City Dallas, Medical City Denton, Medical City Fort Worth, Medical City Las Colinas, Medical City Lewisville, Medical City North Hills, Medical City Plano and Medical City Weatherford.
ABOUT MEDICAL CITY MCKINNEY
Medical City McKinney is a 285-bed, acute care hospital located in McKinney, Texas. With a medical team of more than 900 physicians, Medical City McKinney offers comprehensive services including a Level III Trauma Center, cardiovascular, neurological services, general and robotic surgery, orthopedics, women’s services, a neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), inpatient rehabilitation unit and behavioral health services. “A” rated for safety by the Leapfrog Group, Medical City McKinney is a Primary Stroke Center and has an accredited stroke rehabilitation center.
Medical City McKinney is part of Medical City Healthcare.