McKINNEY (April 2, 2014) — Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America, a subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation, has appointed Ken Matson to president. During college Matson sold books and recruited others to sell for Southwestern, a family of companies that previously included Family Heritage Life. After graduating from Hamline University, Matson started his career with Family Heritage Life in 1991 as a sales agent and worked his way up to his most recent position of executive vice president.
Matson relocated to Ohio in 1991 and has served the Company in various roles, including head of sales administration, chief of staff, and national sales manager. As president he will focus on sales force development and geographic expansion throughout the United States.
“What sets Matson apart as a leader is that Ken spends one week per month in the field, observing new insurance sales agents and identifying best practices of top sales representative and managers,” says CEO and Founder Howard K. Lewis. “Matson’s vision is to build people because people build the Company.”
In 2015, Ken Matson and his family will relocate to the Torchmark Corporation Affiliates Home Office in McKinney.
About Family Heritage Life Insurance Company
Family Heritage Life Insurance Company of America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK), headquartered in McKinney. Torchmark’s other insurance subsidiaries include American Income Life, Globe Life and Accident, Liberty National Life and United American. Visit FamilyHeritageLife for more information.
COMPANY FACT SHEET
- Founded in 1989
- 253,158 policies in force (as of 12/13)
- $200.9 million of insurance in force (as of 12/13)
- Employs 108 people at its Home Office in Cleveland, Ohio
- Family Heritage Life has earned the A (Excellent) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company, an independent industry insurance analyst since 1899 (as of 6/13)
PARENT COMPANY FACTS
Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK) is the parent company of Family Heritage Life
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #635 Fortune 1000 company – 2013
- Ranked #25 on Dallas Morning News 2013 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #66 on 2013 Texas 1000 list
- 2,881 employees
Torchmark Corporation Affiliates include: