McKINNEY (Dec. 19, 2014) — A group of local business and civic leaders have formed a team in an effort to illustrate and foster an honest forum and strengthen leadership throughout the city of McKinney.
McKinneyTeam was founded by eight members, including:
- Pete Huff, Chairman WattMaster Controls and Chairman of the team
- David Brooks, CEO of Independent Bank
- Bill Darling, Co-Founder of Darling Homes
- Daniel Jones, President and CEO of Encore Wire
- Ernest Lynch, CEO of Medical Center of McKinney
- Mark McAndrew, former CEO of Torchmark Corporation
- Scott Peek, President of Baylor Medical Center at McKinney
- Jack Radke, Owner and CEO of Ag Power
“McKinney is approaching a tipping point and it is evident that we need a strong strategic vision to effectively grow our commercial tax base and job creation within our community,” stated Pete Huff, spokesperson for the team. “I am fortunate to work with a group of leaders who care deeply about the future of McKinney. We will work hard to facilitate an environment that will allow a high quality community in the days ahead,” Huff added.
The vision of McKinneyTeam is to unite the community by standing up for universal principles of good governance that will produce effective city planning, low and equitable taxes and sustainable growth that leads to job creation. The group’s mission is to create a climate for effective and efficient municipal government, honest and open debate of community issues, implementation of sound business management practices for the public sector and an overall balanced and fair culture for all.
The members of the group will advocate the following:
- Correct the imbalance in our city property valuations which have been trending toward more residential and less commercial/industrial values.
- Reinforce and support a strong stable team of city staff, including the City Manager’s Office and the senior level positions.
- A city‐wide growth and planning strategy that avoids excess litigation and expensive legal settlements with taxpayer funds.
- A higher level discussion about the real issues facing our community’s future and positive, pro‐active solutions focused on excellence as we plan for the inevitable growth in the years ahead.
Initiatives include: strategic planning, public accountability, communication, fact checking, a code of ethics, candidate screening and recruitment for future council members and formulating a political action committee.
For more initiative details, visit MckinneyTeam.com.