Leadership McKinney, the McKinney Chamber’s nationally recognized leadership development program, graduated its 24th class on May 17 at The Pantry restaurant in Historic Downtown McKinney.
Family, friends and program alumni joined the 24 class members to celebrate becoming part of the elite alumni network, now numbering 458 strong.
McKinney Mayor Brian Loughmiller, Class of 1999, shared his leadership journey and talked of a vision for McKinney that must be created through cooperation and collaboration.
“Servant leadership and making a difference is not by chance, but by choice,” Mayor Loughmiller said as he encouraged the graduates to commit to making a difference in their community.
During the past 10 months, class members immersed themselves in McKinney as they have never done before, dialoguing with nationally recognized futurist Carolyn Corbin on the need for skilled, strategic leaders for the future. Using Ms. Corbin’s book, Community Leadership 4 .0: Impacting a World Gone Wiki, class members were given tools to prepare themselves and their community for global competiveness.
John Rattan, 2011 Leadership Alumni of the Year, also addressed the class and expressed how lucky they are to be living here and now – in America, in the great state of Texas, in one of the most prosperous counties in the United States, and in McKinney, the No. 5 Best Place to live in the country.
Rattan challenged the graduates to find their passion and use it to enhance the community.
As anthropologist Margaret Mead said: "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Congratulations to the Leadership McKinney Class of 2012:
- Suzanne Adkins, Uptown
- Justin Beller, LegacyTexas Bank
- Shirletta Best, City of McKinney
- Jackie Brewer, Verado Energy, Inc.
- Nancy Cowlishaw, McKinney ISD
- Michael Dodson, Ink and Toner USA
- Scott Elliott, Torchmark Corporation
- Jan Elwell, Appian Commercial
- Frederick Frazier, Dallas Police/U.S. Marshals
- Brent Hubbard, Medical Center of McKinney
- Matt Hilton, Keller Williams Realty
- Natasha Ibarra, RMCN Credit Services
- Abby Liu, McKinney EDC
- Annita McCormick, City of McKinney
- Matt McGuire, Higginbotham & Associates
- Jennifer McLaughlin, Junior League of Collin County
- Julie Monge, Collin County
- Alejandra Montes, AGI Inc.
- Ginny Mullis, McKinney Chamber of Commerce
- Anthony Pacheco, AFLAC
- Cindy Schneible, McKinney CDC
- Sherry Schumann, Collin College
- Guy VanBaulen, HNTB Corporation
- Brad Webb, Independent Bank
Applications for the Leadership McKinney Class of 2013 are available at mckinneychamber.com or by calling 972.542.0163. Applications are due by June 29.