February is the month of love, and Valentine’s Day is a great day to celebrate with loved ones near and far. McKinney has a host of special offerings for the holiday:
• The Pantry Restaurant in Downtown McKinney is offering, for one special night, to become "The Pantry Trattoria" on Feb. 14. An intimate, candlelit evening full of romance and good food. A choice of one entry from a list of five, also a side item of choice and a special sweet tart, all for $23 per person. Visit thepantryrestaurant.net.
• Rick’s Chophouse in McKinney has plans for you to celebrate Valentine’s Day in grand style. A Romance Package includes one luxurious night at the Grand Hotel, a bottle of champagne upon arrival and a dinner for two at Rick’s, all for the price of $259. Reservations are requested at 214-726-9251. Visit rickschophouse.com.
• Market Street reminds you to not forget Valentine’s Day. They have a wide variety of flowers, candy, cards, gifts and cakes, “Dozens of ways to say those three simple words.” Customers can order a last-minute sweetheart cake or a cookie in bloom, and it can be ready when they finish shopping. Visit marketstreetdfw.com/valentines.
• The McKinney Youth Theatre and the Plano Children’s Theatre is holding a Teen Valentine’s Day Dance Party on Saturday, Feb. 16, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Plano Children’s Theatre main location off Custer Road in Plano. The event is open to MYT/PCT students and invited guests ages 11 and up. Fee is $15 which includes refreshments. Call to RSVP and purchase admission at 972-422-2575. Visit planochildrenstheatre.org.
• The SPCA of Texas will send a Valentine Card when you donate $10. Click here to learn more.
• Landon Winery will have a Valentine's Day Sweetheart Special, available all day Feb. 14: Two glasses of ANY Landon Winery labeled wine and cheeseboard for two, all for $25. The offer is valid at both locations, and Wine Club members save 20%. Visit landonwinery.com.