1. Money Magazine awarded the City of McKinney the No. 2 spot on its prestigious 2012 list of the 100 Best Places to Live in the nation.
2. The 2012 Annual Community Awards, at the Collin County Regional Airport, celebrated the positive impact the business community has had on McKinney.
3. The McKinney Farmers Market at Chestnut Square was voted No. 2 in the Top 5 Favorite Farmers Markets in the state of Texas, and third overall in mid-sized farmers markets across the United States.
4. McKinney Chamber of Commerce earned an impressive four-star accreditation from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
5. Emerson Process Management’s Regulator Technologies business broke ground on its $25 million global headquarters.
6. McKinneyOnline.com launched with daily updates as the digital complement to McKinney Magazine to keep a growing community connected.
7. Baylor Medical Center at McKinney, on the northwest corner of U.S. 380 and Lake Forest Drive, opened its 469,000-square-foot $195 million facility.
8. In honor of their 20th year as a publicly traded company, Encore Wire CEO Daniel L. Jones rang the opening bell at the NASDAQ market site.
9. U.S. 75 played a critical role in the growth and vitality of its surrounding communities and businesses in Collin County.
10. McKinney was named one of America’s Promise Alliance’s 100 Best Communities for Young People.
11. The United States Tennis Association recognized The Courts at Gabe Nesbitt Community Park as the 2012 Featured Facility award winner, the organization’s highest honor.
12. MISD nurse Kathy Johnson (RN, BSN) was named School Nurse of the Year by The Texas School Nurses Organization.
13. McKinney community leaders enjoyed a smooth takeoff from the new 7,002-foot runway at Collin County Regional Airport.
14. Buy Local! For every $100 dollars spent in McKinney, $68 will stay and be reinvested.