In recognition of the value that public art can bring to the cultural, aesthetic and economic vitality of the community, the City of McKinney, in conjunction with the McKinney Arts Commission, is creating a Public Art Master Plan.
The groups are seeking expertise and creativity from throughout the community to help shape this plan, and invite the public to participate in a workshop at which you will be asked to Imagine Art Here!
Public Art Workshop Details:
- The Workshop Challenge: To establish a vision for public art in McKinney, and to imagine and prioritize the places where future public artworks in McKinney should be located.
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012 from 9 a.m. to noon
- Location: McKinney Performing Arts Center (Ruschhaupt Room), 111 N. Tennessee
- Who should participate? Everyone with an interest in how public art can contribute to McKinney's unique character is encouraged to attend.
- RSVP: Share your vision and ideas with the McKinney Arts Commission. Space is limited, so please RSVP by emailing Mona Robinson at email@example.com.
The City of McKinney and the Arts Commission ask that you please extend this invitation to anyone who would be interested in being a part of the conversation.