Did you know Texas has amazing caves that you can explore throughout the state?
We found the best caverns in Texas and are featuring reviews customers have left that are filled with tips you can use before you go.
Here they are:
They are the largest caverns in Texas. It was established in 1964. You can visit these caverns any day of the week. To see these caverns, visit their website to choose what tour you want to go on.
- Great place, tour was nice and everything went smoothly, all the employees are nice and pretty friendly and conversational.
- Hidden gem, it's a must see!!. Better be prepared to walk. Amazing views in the caverns and lots to do on the surface.
- I recommend going during the week in hopes the tours wouldn't be as rushed. I wished I could stay and look around more. The formations are mind blowing.
26495 Natural Bridge Caverns Rd, San Antonio
To view the cavern, it is only a paid guided tour. On top of the cavern, you can explore the state park and go on hikes. They also offer gemstone and fossil mining. The state park was developed in the 1930s, according to their website.
- We had a guide take us through and explain details about the history of the cavern. Very interesting stuff. They have a nice gift shop with clean bathrooms.
- It does have some formations, unique (beautiful) natural features, very interesting history, and adorably tiny bats. (The bats don't move or fly at you or anything like that, but you see them).
- Our guide, Jim, was extremely knowledgeable and made the entire tour fun and a great experience.
6211 Park Road 4 S, Burnet